Back washing is a process to all softeners and iron filters. As the water enters the softener, the water flows in a down-flow method. From the top down pacing the media. When it goes into a regeneration, the water first enters the bottom an flows up flow. This is the backwash. This loosens the bed of media to allow the salt for regeneration to flow more easily through the media.
In an iron filter during the “backwash” is an up flow method to rinse all the sediment and iron the system has trapped in the top for filtering.
What Makes The Kinetico 2060f and 2100f Different from other filters?
- Non-Electric Operation. Reliable. No timers or computers to set, adjust, repair or replace.
- verdrive Enhanced. Both tanks are in service simultaneously. Icreases performance, efficiency, flow rate and media life.
- Metered, Demand Service. Eliminates guesswork, water waste and problem water break through.
- Twin Tank System. Unlimited supply of clean, filtered water. Enables system to regenerate with clean, filtered water.
- Large Porting Size. Perfectly suited for larger plumbing found in many homes. Up to 1 1/2 inch.
- Effective Filtering Capabilities. Assures continuous, high quality, filtered water. Protects plumbing, appliances, fixtures and clothing.
- Choice of Highly Effective Filtration Media
- Efficient Use of Water. Compact media beds require less backwash water. Low water consumption.
- Corrosion-Resistant Valve and Tanks. Long lasting. Can endure harsh environments.
- Clean Water, Countercurrent Backwashing. Increases product efficiency and water quality.
- Automatic Operation. Virtually no maintenance or guesswork.
- Outstanding Warranty. Dependability and peace of mind.