Taste and Odor Postfilter | Kinetico Drinking Water Station | K5, A200 & MACguard
The K5 Drinking Water Station’s postfilter reduces tastes, odors and aesthetic chlorine before water is consumed to ensure it tastes great.
This cartridge (Part No. 9306B) is designed for the reduction of taste, odor, and aesthetic chlorine. This salt-free replacement component is exclusively used in the Kinetico Drinking Water Systems.
NOTE: In systems with MACguard, the MACguard Filter cartridge automatically shuts off/reduces flow to a fine trickle after 500 gallons (1,892 liters) of water have been processed. Cartridge replacement is required to restore water flow. In Drinking Water Systems (without MACguard), you should replace your prefilter and postfilter cartridges at least once per year.
- Turn off the feed water to the unit. If you have a Kinetico Drinking Water System with a storage tank, shut off the valve on the storage tank by rotating the handle (if included). Open the drinking water tap to depressurize the system. All air/water flow must cease before continuing with Step 2. This may take several minutes.
- Disengage the cartridge by turning it clockwise. Pull the cartridge down from the head. Discard the cartridge.
- Remove the tamper-proof cap from the new cartridge by pulling the tear tab. Fill the cartridge with tap water to expel any air.
- Insert the cartridge into the head and rotate counterclockwise.
- Turn on the feed water. If you have a Kinetico Drinking Water System with a storage tank, open the valve on the storage tank (if included).
- Allow the tap to remain open for approximately 15 minutes. It is necessary to rinse a minimum of two tank fills to purge air and rinse carbon fines.
- Close the tap.
- Check for leaks.
- Replacement is complete.
|Dimensions||13.5 × 3 × 3 in|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.